• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 17, 2021, 07:59:35 pm

WTB 1993 Audi Engine

Started by Gordie, January 25, 2012, 04:16:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordie

Wanted: 2.8L 12V AAH engine for a 1993 Audi 90S. Preferably good running. Any help with finding one would be appreciated!

Any questions, let me know
Thanks

Castle

If you aren't afraid of a little shipping, Chris from Force5auto.com is amazing at sourcing the right engine.  The downside is they are on the east coast.

There is a salvage yard up near Saginaw (I think it's called Cherry salvage or something like that) and they seem to keep a decent amount of Audi's available.

I'd recommend staying away from Ebay and Craigslist.  I tried that once and ended up with what turned out to be a bad motor. 
'98 A4 1.8tqm named Jammer
'12 Veloster with style and 6 speed

francois

You could try to contact Arlene at Autohaus in Royal Oak ( 248-549 3636), she knows Karl that owns a junk yard in taylor, he only has Audis and VWs, nice guy, but sometimes hard to deal with, so you need to go thru Arlene

Gordie

hey, appreciate the input you guys. i would really like to stay local cuz i'd like to hear the engine run, if at all possible. i did a transaction w/ Karl a few years ago, got a set of vw 'snowflakes' in great shape for a fair price. He is hard to get a hold of, thanks for re-reminding me of him.think i'll attempt to track him down to start.            thanks, gordon

Castle

Francois is a master of Audi parts!
'98 A4 1.8tqm named Jammer
'12 Veloster with style and 6 speed