Harmon/Kardon 5.1 surround speakers w/sub- $140

Started by ken, March 01, 2009, 07:25:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ken

10" 100W powered sub
4 front/surround cubes with 3" woofer, 0.5" tweeter
1 center channel with (2) 3" woofers, 0.5" tweeter
2 wall mount brackets

Great for movies, the sub really shakes!   Upgraded to a better system, and it's just taking up space. 

Hook up to a 5.1 reciver using the small speaker option, or you can hook the front speakers into the sub to use that crossover.

It's the HKTS 2 system

http://www.amazon.com/Harman-Kardon-6-Piece-Cinema-Speaker/dp/B000051SDM

$140

Tried to add picture, but it's broken right now.

'10 GTI, Xenons, Dynaudio
'94 Miata C package- black and tan, Kosei K1's
Sold- '97 A4 1.8T Q, H&R, Bilstiens, '17 ACE Lola, Milltek/Borla, APR, Stern Power Ring

Timmy!

Wow, Ken!  You are on an audio sell-a-thon!  Great prices.  Good luck!
Timothy M. Hawkins - MCA Public Relations

Fast4esT

Ken

how old and how does it sound?  I have a harmon karden avr 45 reciever hooked up to some big polk audios and does not sound so good, I do not think it has the power to push the polks, maybe there are more suited to my reviever you think?  its 5.1 with 65watts/channel in stereo and 55 watts/channel in surround

thanks

ken

I bought it back in '01.  I got new speakers in probably '04, so I used them for a few years.  I have a H/K AVR 110- 50 watts RMS and it had more than enough power for them.  Unless those Polks have really low sensitivity I would think that receiver could push them fine. 

For sound, well they're satellite speakers, so you get the nice small size, but they lack lower midrange.  That being said they're great movie speakers, and sub is worth $140.

http://www.amazon.com/Harman-Kardon-6-Piece-Cinema-Speaker/dp/B000051SDM

'10 GTI, Xenons, Dynaudio
'94 Miata C package- black and tan, Kosei K1's
Sold- '97 A4 1.8T Q, H&R, Bilstiens, '17 ACE Lola, Milltek/Borla, APR, Stern Power Ring