• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

January 27, 2021, 09:02:54 am

UR quattro just joined

Started by team illuminata, August 06, 2011, 12:59:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

team illuminata

HI,

Just found this site and wanted to introduce myself. Have an 85 quatro in nice condition. You might have seen it around Birmingham or there abouts:

Where and when do the SE Michigan Audi people get together? Particularly interested in finding out where you all hang out on Woodward of an evening.

Castle

Hey Paul!  A lot of us hang out at the Verizon parking lot or across the street in front of Pier 1.

Good to have your UrQ in the forums!
'98 A4 1.8tqm named Jammer
'12 Veloster with style and 6 speed

team illuminata

Good to know Castle. Is that place attracting people mid-week yet or just weekends? What time do people get there?

I just threw up a web page for the car. http://teamilluminata.com/cars/urq/urq.htm

Castle

Its not huge during the week days yet but that'll be changing soon.  If you plan on heading out post up on here.  You can also join the facebook MCA page and get the message out there as well.

https://www.facebook.com/motorcityaudi

Avantge

Audi : The Alternate Route

96 A6 avant quattro; 346,xxx           86 4000 cs quattro; ~~200,xxx...daily driver        82 Suzuki GS850L; 12,xxx

Castle

That's Kurts old car with a bunch of work done to it (from what Francois was telling me today).  I was wondering how you had such a nice UrQ...that explains it.  Kudos!

SpeedyDTP247

Current: 92 100CSQ Avant Past: 97 A6Q Avant, 95.5 S6 Avant, 93 S4, 91 CQ, 93 S4 & 98.5 A4Q sedan

team illuminata

August 07, 2011, 06:13:10 pm #7 Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 06:20:42 pm by team illuminata
Quote from: Castle on August 07, 2011, 09:45:51 am
That's Kurts old car with a bunch of work done to it (from what Francois was telling me today).  I was wondering how you had such a nice UrQ...that explains it.  Kudos!

Yes it is. probably should have mentioned that though I don't feel me doing a "bunch of work" to it gives Curt enough credit for preserving an excellent example of the mark. I'm just a bit picky and things break, that's all.

team illuminata

Is there an Audi Club event at Waterford Hills August 13 (Saturday) ? It's on their calendar but I can't find out anything more.

Castle

That event has been cancelled.  Not enough interest/paying people.

team illuminata

francois

There is an open track day at waterford hills the next day. Sunday 8-14-11
$130 if paid by tomorrow
$150 after that
$200 day of
Tech inspection starts at 7:15 am.

team illuminata

Ah, Bonjour Francois. Ca va?

Whose event is it on Sunday? Might swing by for the lunch time parade laps.

francois

It is the Waterford hills open track day, organized and run by Waterford hills, they usually have 4 a year.
Christian is trying to finish the 4000 to go.
Might see you there then.
Francois

team illuminata

Yes, of course. And I really need to come over one day and see your collection.